Why do people write blogs? Here are the top 10 reasons from shoutmeloud.com:
- To Share Knowledge
- Hobby/Interest in Writing
- Digital Nomad Lifestyle
- For Making Money
- Advertising and Branding
- To connect with like-minded people
- To create awareness or get your voice heard
- Self Promotion and build your personal brand
- To find new jobs
Perhaps a more interesting question is,
“Why do you READ blogs?”
Only you can answer this question and I would love to read your comments.
You see, my reason for writing this blog is to provide you with what you want to read.
“Wait a moment,” you’re thinking. “There must be some ulterior motive.”
Guilty as charged, although Merriam-Webster defines ulterior motive as a “secret reason”. With the desire for full disclosure, here are my reasons for writing this blog.
- I enjoy learning new skills. (Even WordPress)
- I enjoy researching new ideas. (From philosophy to science.)
- I enjoy sharing these ideas with others. (Without the desire to have you change.)
- I have learned a lot of useful and humorous things. (I would like to share.)
- I enjoy creative writing and would like to share some with you.
- I enjoy teaching and hope some of what I teach will benefit you.
Reviewing the original list, I have some clarifying comments:
- To Share Knowledge – Absolutely.
- Hobby/Interest in Writing – Indeed.
- Networking – We can all help one another.
- Digital Nomad Lifestyle – Absolutely NOT! I have a life away from the keyboard.
- Fame/Popularity – We all want to be noticed, but not very important to me.
- For Making Money – Also nice, but I’m doing fine, thank you.
- Advertising and Branding – Maybe someday when I publish.
- To connect with like-minded people – Absolutely. It’s so much fun!
- To create awareness or get your voice heard – Not as an activist. But if you are reading, you are hearing my voice.
- Self Promotion and build your personal brand – Again, maybe slowly over time.
- To find new jobs – No, no… I’m trying to be a retired person.
So, again I ask, “Why do you READ blogs?”
I am so happy your are here. Please leave your comments below.
And please spread the word.